Please take time to read this... !!!very important!!!

Dog Potty Training In 4 Steps

An adorable puppy can turn into a nightmare quickly as they create messes all over your home. It's at this time that you need to start dog potty training. While it is far from a pleasant experience, it is necessary. In this article, I will show you a quick and effective way for potty training your puppy.

First thing you do is to set fixed times for the dog to go to the bathroom. Usually these times will be when the dog wakes up, after the dog eats and before going to sleep at night. In any case, make sure you consistently take your dog outside to go to the bathroom at fixed times. This means that feeding them at fixed times is going to be required.

Second, create an association for the dog to realize that it is time to go to the bathroom. For example, you can use a certain hand signal each time before you take the dog out, or you can use a verbal command.

The third step in the potty training process is to make sure to consistently take them to the same spot to go to the bathroom. What you're doing is conditioning them to go to the bathroom by taking them to the same spot to go to the bathroom every time. Just like any other type of dog training, potty training requires commands. When you tell a dog to sit, it sits if you have trained it properly. If you give them a command to go the bathroom they will know that it is okay. So once you take them outside, give them a command to go the bathroom.

Finally, give them positive reinforcement after they have done the necessary. Let them know what a good dog they are and how you are proud of them. You can even give them a treat the first few times they do it correctly so that they get the point.

Dog potty training isn't a very hard concept to understand. However, the most important thing is to be disciplined to be consistent with your efforts. This means consistently taken them out the same time, to the same spot, with the same command and always positively reinforcing good behavior.

If you can do this, then potty training will be as painless and easy as possible for you.

You can find out more on Dog Potty Training as well as get 10 FREE dog behavioral lessons just by going to: http://www.DogObedienceTrainingA-Z.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Terry_Edwards

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU IT WAS VERY USEFUL

dusty road said...

thanks for dropping by...

Aaron and Amber said...

Hey, I have a question...does the dog need to pee and poop everytime in order to be rewarded with free time, or is just peeing okay? My dog seems to only poop once or twice a day, but I'm never sure if I can trust him running around my house when he only peed outside. He's two years old and we got him from the pound a week ago. Thanks for your help.

Carpet odor removal said...

Great potty training tips! Very useful for new pet owners.

Anonymous said...

If you want some more information about potty training you can also try this web page. http://www.dog-potty-training.info/index3.html it helped me out. I have a 1 1/2 year Lab and he is really good now.
Check it out!

Mikela Richardson said...

thank you so much, if it haden't been for you, my dog would be in the pound.

Anonymous said...

thanks i just dont get when i take my dogs outside they pee then come inside and poop, when they were just outside even if they are out there 2 min after they peeded

Buy Wow Accounts said...

so thankful for your post. It was so useful on my part.^,^

Samuel Eldred said...

Hi!

Thanks for posting this blog! I have a 3-month old bulldog. I know that dog training is not easy. First lesson that I want him to learn is to urinate outdoors. Every morning, I let him play to our garden. My uncle told this is a good training for a puppy to learn peeing outdoors. Last week, unexpectedly he poop on the carpet. It is really smelly and the stains are really hard to remove. That day, I have an emergency meeting with my client. So I asked the help of some cleaners for carpet cleaning. Batavia Illonois, luckily has a lot of services for carpet cleaning. (Bolingbrook ILlinois also).

Bican said...

thank you for those tips

Pinoy Tv said...

Air Jordan Retro 16are loved by many, probably Jordan Retro 16the fact that Michael Jordan 16 Shoesstarted his Jordan 17 Retro season with a Jordan 18 Retro bang. Throughout theJordan 19 Retro years you needed a Jordan 20 Retro pair of Jordan 20 Retro to be in style, and was just apart of fashion. Michael Jordan and the Air Jordan CDP Shoes line have dominated the Air Jordan DMP, and many opponents air jordan 1 Nike Jordan series Air Jordan 2 Retro never, battle all 82 games, air jordan 3

Steve brown said...

Another thing which may help you on Potty training a puppy: Try this..Teaching your dog verbal commands like "outside" helps it understand that it needs to go out to eliminate. So if you see him eliminating in an inappropriate area inside the house, use a firm tone to say the command "outside". This will startle the dog and make it stop eliminating in the house. Once your puppy does that praise it and take it outside to finish eliminating. Some people hang bells to the door, so each time the dog would catch the jingling of the bell, it would know that it is time to go out.

Anonymous said...

I started to breed but started getting attatch to them.I have three 11/2year yrs. 0ne 8 months old,two 6months old and now 1 month old from the first ones until now to understand not to go in the house, we also leave them out side for hours they still will come in and pee or poop I can't get them to tell methey have to go out.I continuusly have to do my floors. I've tryed taking them out after drinking,eating,waking,playing,putting all there noises in it then out side,catching in acted than feeling there peepee to see if wet, than they would get.They know not to butdon't care. they pee in there on bed,my couch, my bed they will pee&poop on anything. I don't know what to do.

Puppy Potty Training said...

To housebreak a new puppy, crate training is great. Also, put a rag soaked with the puppy´s own urine where he eats or sleeps and that will teach him to go outside to pee or poop.

Puddles Gordon said...

I like the tips for potty training an adult dog. You mentioned that "if you catch your dog peeing" but I know I always had trouble catching the dog so I used The Housebreaker Kit and it really helped. It modifies the behavior and prevents the accident in the home with very little effort on the pet owner's part. Check it out at http://www.TheHousebreaker.com

Puddles Gordon said...

I like the tips for potty training an adult dog. You mentioned that "if you catch your dog peeing" but I know I always had trouble catching the dog so I used The Housebreaker Kit and it really helped. It modifies the behavior and prevents the accident in the home with very little effort on the pet owner's part. Check it out at http://www.TheHousebreaker.com

Anonymous said...

Like your tips

http://howtocratetrainapuppy.ws